Aug 3, 2014

Sunday Crochet: August 3


Sunday Crochet August 3
Hello everyone and welcome to Sunday Crochet!  It’s hard to believe that August is already upon us and Christmas is about 4 ½ months away. That tells me that I better get busy and start crocheting those gifts before it’s too late.  

My trouble is crocheting a scarf or blanket in the middle of summer when it’s 85 degrees outside.  However, we (Helen, Sheila, and I) came up with a great gift idea that is quick, easy, and very useful… a Potholder.

You can’t have to many of these hanging around the kitchen.  We found a great pattern from Yarnspirations website that is simple
enough for those of you just starting to crochet.  Lily Sugar n’ Cream is the suggested yarn to use, which comes in a large variety of solid and variegated colors.

Crocheting one square variegated and the other solid, Helen made this terrific green potholder, with a half double around for the edging. With all the different colors Lily Sugar n Cream has to offer, the color combinations are endless.   I love this idea… WTG Helen!

Helen potholder from yarnspirations

Here are the links: Potholder Pattern  and Yarn: Lily Sugar ’n Cream

~~         *        ~~~        *         ~~~        *        ~~

baby bib by Sheila
Sheila has just started crocheting baby bibs for gifts. The bib you see in the picture is not quite finished yet, she was still working on it when I took the picture. She is using the pattern from Yarnspirations called Everyday Set as a guide, because Sheila is one of those special crocheters… she looks a design and crochets the item to her specifications. Talented!

A talent I look forward to accomplishing someday. Sure… I may change a stitch in a pattern but I have never tried to wing it. If I did my crochet project would look like a big ball of single crochet stitches.. lol 

Sheila is using - Pound of Love Yarn by Lion Brand, which comes in a large variety of colors. Enough to make a different color bib for each day of the week.  Mom’s would love that… less washing!

Here is the link for the pattern: Everyday Set  

Picture from Yarnspirations
Well, my friends that does it for today. Thank you for joining us (Sheila, Helen, and I) and we hope to see you all next time for more Sunday Crochet. Cari

2 comments:

Unknown said...

those bibs are so cute.
Debbi
-YankeeBurrow

Unknown said...

Hey Debbi, Thanks for stopping by and I agree with you, those bibs are cute!